- Practical AI For Physicians: Book (contracted w/Springer Nature: Apress) focused on teaching programming and AI tech with a healthcare bent. Coming out in mid 2021.
- Economics and healthcare Availability: Medical Deserts and Challenges in the COVID-19 Pandemic: Article on the difficulties present in medical deserts (both rural and urban) and associated exacerbation of issues by COVID19. San Antonio Medicine. 73(8). August 2020.
- How to use Python and Flask to build a web app — an in-depth tutorial: Article walking through the usage of Flask for python web applications. Published in FreeCodeCamp (Link; 34k views).
- Making the Web More Accessible with AI: Article talking about how to use im2txt AI model to produce image captions for the visually impaired. Published in HackerNoon (Link; 3.6k views).
- Artificial Intelligence and the Rise of Economic Inequality: Article discussing the role of AI and associated job replacement on overall economic trends. Published in Towards Data Science (Link; 32k views).
- Abhinav Suri: Hack4Impact and Using Tech for Good: Article about work I had recently done on a Hack4Impact project. Published in University of Pennsylvania School of Engineering Alumni Magazine (Link)
- How we built an app that uses worker location history to combat wage theft: Article giving overview of the process of building a location history analyzer used for the purpose of combatting wage theft. Published in FreeCodeCamp. (Link; 7.6k views).
- How we got our 2-year-old repo trending on GitHub in just 48 hours: Article talking about the values of good open source practices and their impact on repository popularity + ease of use. Published in FreeCodeCamp. (Link; 35k views).
Other Lectures I have been invited to give:
- Why Behind the WAT. One of the lectures given for CIS197 (as supplementary material). You can find it on youtube here. NB, A commenter was kind to point out some inaccuracies in how I referred to specific concepts. I have put those errors in the description. As of 10/2020, this is sitting at around 16k+ views.
- RedefineCS: Lectured on topics in computer science and biology and highlighted the intersection between the two fields. Lectures given to high school students from backgrounds typically under-represented in CS. Done during COVID (2020, virtual).
- Philomathean Society: Opium. The Philomathean Society is the oldest literary society in the United States which I am a member of (and served as the moderator a.k.a president during undergrad). As part of the literary exercise graduation requirement, I gave a talk (multiple times) on the origins of Opium throughout the ages. (Slides)
- TEDxSanAntonio: Birth of a Hacker Culture. During high school, I co-founded a nonprofit called Apps For Aptitude that hosted hackathons in South Texas when none existed at the time. My co-founder (Joshua Singer) and I were invited to give a talk at TEDxSanAntonio on defining “hacker” culture. Link here (Youtube)